Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter dominated the social media stream for the past two decades. With these two social media platforms' popularity, several million users have been connected globally and at a time these apps were all that the millennial generation could talk about. However, in recent years, the popularity of these platforms is greatly decreasing. Numerous research data from surveys in the past 5 years has shown that the number of new users and profiles has taken a hit ever since the centralization and censorship policies of these platforms have increased. The users who once blindly posted anything and everything on this platform have now realized the sensitivity of such exposure and centralization. It is now a well-known fact that user data has oftentimes been compromised by these platforms and other institutions have benefitted from such private data of the users. Hence, more and more users have decided to completely abandon these popular and centralized social media platforms to protect their data and privacy.
Decentralized social media is a form of social media networking that provides the perfect solution to all these user troubles. It is a revolutionary idea that gives the users their autonomy and privacy back. Allowing the users to be able to be themselves, speak their mind, and be opinionated without the fear of being censored or privacy breaches. These are the same aims that social giants like Facebook and Twitter had advertised but fail to account for.
Why the future of social media is decentralized:
We are all for Decentralized social networks and are ready to bet that decentralization is the future of social media as this mode of social networks focuses on the privacy, ease, and autonomy of its users. It brings back the notion of freedom of speech and the idea of unique individuality. There are some key features of social media decentralization that make us firmly believe that this is the future.
1) Transparency in operation: Decentralized social media networks are not bound under government pressure to keep censor contents, unlike the centralized platforms like Facebook and Twitter. These sites also offer complete control to their users over their data and take no initiative in engaging with their users' content and censoring, altering, or banning it. Enabling the users of these networks to experience full autonomy and have to face no bias or censorship based on their opinions or words.
2) no third parties involved and zero risks of a data breach: The crypto network enables a direct connection between the user and business, making sure that in the process of this transaction or connection no third parties are involved to which the information can be leaked and hence these free social networking sites assure that their consumers' data 100% safe and secure.
3) Decentralized social networks do not sell or compromise user data: It is a common practice in centralized social networks to sell user data to huge businesses and advertisers to develop customer preference understanding. This is not the case in decentralized social networking as only the users have the access to their data and they choose if they want to share their data with other businesses.
4) Cryptocurrency incentives: These networking sites also offer a solution for businesses that require user data but base this on the permission and benefit of the user. The cryptocurrency incentive facilitates this process. In exchange for cryptocurrency by such businesses the user can decide whether or not they want to share their data and what kind of data are they willing to share.
5) Developed ROI mechanisms to distinguish between real and fake user ids: App developments in the networks mean that the ROI mechanisms to distinguish between real and fake users are greatly developed and can successfully make the distinction in most cases. This is particularly beneficial for marketers as through this mechanism they can choose to only target their real users and can ignore the fake or bot ids. Making sure that their advertisements and products are reaching the real customer base.
All in all, decentralized social media networks have been revolutionizing the social networking game. They give users the chance to interact, consume and be themselves without having to compromise on their data or privacy. This is the reason that these networking sites are gaining more and more users every day and becoming increasingly popular. One such example is the new social media platform #hashtagspace that has been a key networking site in bringing about this shift towards decentralized media. #BecauseFuckBigTechandCensorship
To learn more about the decentralized social media platforms visit: https://hashtagspace.com/contact-us